Lost Walleye found: Band opens new season of Mississippi Music
BEMIDJI—Lost Walleye Orchestra brought their Americana melodies to Bemidji on Wednesday night to kick off the third season of Mississippi Music at the Bemidji Waterfront.
The series will continue every Wednesday (except two) with performances from 6 to 8 p.m. Up next will be the Fattenin' Frogs on June 20, followed by the "Best Minnesota Town" Party on June 27, which will include local musicians, VIPs, family activities and more.
Food trucks are on site as well as a beer garden for those 21 and older during the Mississippi Music series. Attendees are encouraged to bring chairs or a blanket. In the case of inclement weather, signs will be posted near the venue directing concertgoers to Brigid's Pub, located at 317 Beltrami Ave. NW, in downtown Bemidji.
The remaining schedule is:
• June 20: The Fattenin' Frogs
• June 27: "Best Minnesota Town" Party; this event runs 5 to 9 p.m. with dozens of local musicians, VIPs, food vendors and family activities.
• July 4: No concert, July Fourth holiday
• July 11: Mary Bue
• July 18: Actual Wolf
• July 25: The Woodpicks
• Aug. 1: No concert, Dragon Boat week.
• Aug. 8: Trapper Schoepp
• Aug. 15: Jillian Rae
• Aug. 22: The Christopher David Hanson Band
• Aug. 29: Known Only Locally (In memory of local writer and musician Jim Miller)