The Fattenin' Frogs up next at Mississippi Music
BEMIDJI—Mississippi Music at the Bemidji Waterfront will present The Fattenin' Frogs from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, June 20, on the waterfront at Paul Bunyan Park. The Minneapolis-based group is hard to categorize, a press release said. They play rock 'n' roll but in its original spirit of the juke joints, hootenannies and tent revivals of yesteryear. They've been described as witty, soulful and always danceable. The sextet, which includes drums and a rollicking piano, perform their own songs as well as rock 'n' roll numbers the audience will remember, the release said.
Food trucks will be on site as well as a beer garden for those 21 and older. Attendees are encouraged to bring chairs or a blanket. In case of rainy weather, signs will be posted near the venue directing concertgoers to Brigid's Pub, at 317 Beltrami Ave. NW, in downtown Bemidji.
The remaining schedule is:
• June 27: "Best Minnesota Town" Party; this event runs 5-9 p.m. with dozens of local musicians, VIPs, food vendors and family activities.
• July 4: No concert, July Fourth holiday
• July 11: Mary Bue
• July 18: Actual Wolf
• July 25: The Woodpicks
• Aug. 1: No concert, Dragon Boat week.
• Aug. 8: Trapper Schoepp
• Aug. 15: Jillian Rae
• Aug. 22: The Christopher David Hanson Band
• Aug. 29: Known Only Locally (in memory of local writer and musician Jim Miller)